Baby Care Milk Feeding System
Automatic milk feeding system for distribution of fresh milk to piglets
HIGHER SURVIVAL RATE
Baby Care is an automatic milk feeding system that distributes fresh milk in a farrowing unit. The system ensures that all piglets have enough milk. When the piglets have constant access to milk, it results in a higher weight at weaning. When the piglets are 1 kilo heavier at weaning, they have a faster growth after weaning and this gives a higher survival rate.
BABY CARE HELPS REDUCING THE NUMBER OF NURSING SOWS
When the amount of piglets per litter is increased, it is important to ensure that all the piglets get access to enough milk in order to reduce the mortality.
Baby Care supplies extra milk, so the piglets can drink both the sow's milk and the milk powder. It means you avoid having extra nursing sows, and thus reduce the amount of farrowing pens, your production costs and save man-hours.
Below you can see the interview with Nicolai Greffel, Isgård Gods Pig Production ApS, Denmark, 900 sows.
- In the corridor between farrowing departments, there is one forward line and one return line.
- Manual valves to select either water or milk for the piglets.
- Valve for circuit cleaning.
- Accumulation of consumption of both water, milk and soap products.
- Adjustment of recepy depending on the piglets' needs.
- Alarm output, for silo empty, and less consumption than yesterday.